I'll bite; I'm not entirely familiar with pf, so [some of] these may
be red herrings:
 - match extensions: recent, mark, layer7, multiport
 - target extensions: connmark, ulog, route, tarpit, TTL, mirror
(added back myself)
 - string match & mangling are nice, but I don't use them [yet].

I must admit, I've not been using pfSense for a few weeks - stuck my
PIX-515 out front to mess with 7.11, but am beginning to give up on
figuring out a couple of things.

I've also entertained the idea of [when I get free time ;-)] sitting
down and trying to externalize the commands pfSense's GUI uses in an
attempt to make it multi-platform, if not with some wrappers.  I just
don't have any time right now - if I know my own style, I figure some
BSD-specific stuff is tied pretty tightly in there.