On 11/8/06, Jason Brunk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I built something awhile back.  This was my setup.

1.  multiple captive portals at different locations
2.  a freeradius server for authentication
3.  mod to freeradius to use mysql for storing info instead of flat text
files
4.  an entry into the access points to allow access to my central site.
5.  users tried to get online, went to a page that said please sign up, they
paid their couple bucks
6.  the corresponding records were added into the mysql db and they could
then login
7.  a customer interface was designed to take the mac addresses of each
location and create a corresponding "Location Profile"
      when a customer logged in.  They could see how much time they had
purchased, how much was used, how much was left.  As well as a log history
to show how much time was used at what location and when.

I can dig it up again if anyone is interested?

What is it written in?