I'm running a transparent firewall on 1.2-RC1 with several hosts
behind them, both real and virtual. The network setup looks like this:

---gateway---switch0

             wan-pfsense-lan

                         switch1--diverse hosts

what's interesting is that I have transient outages to *some* IPs
(it could be just one IP, actually). I can still ping that IP locally
(within above assembly), but not from the outside. I can reliably
fix that by disabling the port on switch0 which connects to wan
interface of pfsense, and reenabling it a few seconds later. After
few 10 seconds the IP becomes again pingable. For a (long) while,
until the next outage.

I don't think the problem is in my setup, but there might be something
in my setup which triggers the problem at my ISP. Could it be a MAC
table running full? Something else? How can I debug this? (Apart from
opening a trouble ticket, I mean; I'd rather narrow down the spots of
trouble first).