Paul M wrote:
meanwhile, I noticed many of the mirrors are not doing too well so I
reported them

some of the update mirrors are no good either.. in fact the downloads
are pretty slow.

The mirrors are all fine. Many only sync once a day, so as it says in the release announcement it will be 24 hours before they all have the files. All but one have them as of now.

Speed-wise, it depends on where you are and what mirror you're using. In the US, the untouchable.net and NCSA mirrors are very fast from several different ISP's I routinely use. I've been able to pull more than 10 Mb from them. Some of the others, especially in Asia are very slow from here, but that's normal for servers that are extremely far away in parts of the world that don't have exceptional connectivity to the rest of the world. If you use a server that's geographically close to you, you should have no issues at all.

Paul, you appear to be in the UK, I think we have a UK mirror that will be online later today which should be faster for you. Though I would guess the other mirrors in Europe are probably not bad from the UK.