Hi Jason!

>> There is a work around for that 16 user limit on pptp,
>> however keep in mind more system resources are needed..
>> check the forms for this work around i believe you have
>> to manually edit a seting on the config file.

I had a chat with my boss and he said that 16 simultaneous connections are
suitable for our needs. Today, from 12:00pm to 13:00 pm, I've tested my
pfSense box here, and here are my impressions:

- All NAT connections seem to work fine here. My boss were at his home, and
tested PPTP VPN connections, transferring files to/from the network, and web
access. Everything worked in a charm, without any problems.

- But, when I tried to connect on any of our external VPNs, I've noticed
that I was able to connect with only one host to an external VPN. If I try
connecting to the same VPN on another machine, nothing happens.

Guessing about what was happening on my box, I've been on pfSense FAQ and
saw this:

"There are two limitations of PPTP in pfSense.

1. ...
2. Only one client can connect to a PPTP server on the Internet
simultaneously. 10 clients can connect to 10 different servers, but only a
single simultaneous connection can exist to a single server.
The Frickin PPTP package is intended to resolve this, but it does not work
at this time. If you know how to fix it, please let me know."

I ask you, gentlemen, are there any workarounds on pfSense to solve this
issue?
We really need that several machines may be able to connect on the same VPN.

I gladly appreciate for any answer here.

Cheers,
Luciano Areal
Network Administrator

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 071205-0, 05/12/2007
Tested on: 5/12/2007 13:22:59