On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 02:36:55AM +0100, Jure Pe??ar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> would it be possible to use pfsense on a platform with a single nic, where
> wan,lan,opt are all vlans? With managed switch, of course.
>
> Alternatively ... if/when freebsd gets such functionality[1], I believe
> pfsense would gain much from it.
>
> [1] http://cuddletech.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=999

I'm not sure what [1] has to do with using vlan interfaces on pfSense.
The linked article is about Crossbow support in Nevada, which has more
to do with extended network functionality in Solaris zones.  There's
nothing virtual about VLAN support in FreeBSD/pfSense.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting