On 06/07/2010 10:50 PM, Scott Ullrich wrote:

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Zied Fakhfakh <zyd...@gnet.tn <mailto:zyd...@gnet.tn>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I'm planning to port/build pfsense on freescale 8349e powerpc
    based system.
    http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC8349E
    It holds the e300 powerPC processor.

Nice board

    am I getting into a very large deep desert ?

Doing these ports is quite fun because you end up needing to compile the entire pfSense distribution on the board itself until the FreeBSD ports system has cross-build support (which as of right now it does not).

So with that said what you are undertaking is not terribly difficult but more or less is a time sucking leach.

If you are willing to spend 300+ hours on such a project I will help however I can.
Yes I will, I won't be alone, two guys already volunteered :)
and thank you

Scott

    freebsd on that ship is already ported, any "good luck" ? or
    "forget it" :)

    bye,
    Zied.

-- Zied FAKHFAKH