I am using the PaginatedList interface.  However, how does DisplayTag
keep track of the currently sorted column and direction when paging?  Is
it storing this information in the session some where?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:59 AM
To: displaytag-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [displaytag-user] [Q] Paging & Sorting

are you using the PaginatedList interface? If so, it does it all for
you, the problem is that when you set the page size you'll want the user
  defined parameters, sort direction, sort column etc.. to remain the
same, in which case you'll have to set them in your paginatedList
implementation yourself.

I came across this problem when deleting objects from a list, if the
user has 10 objects per page and 11 objects in total they see 2 pages,
if they go to page 2 and delete one of the objects the displayTag will
remain on page two, hence the user sees an empty list, what should
happen is they jump to page onbe, as they now have only ten objects,
hence I must set the page number manually to one.

Hope that helps,

John.