On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 07:18, Phil R Lawrence wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to emerge using distcc over SSH, it keeps logging me back on and off the
> other box.  Can you help me find the source of this problem?  My expectation was
> that I would stay connected to the other box until the emerge was done.  Here is
> lots of info...  Thanks! :-)
>
> gcc -march=pentium3 -O3 -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -mfpmath=sse,387 -c
> scsi_interface.c
> me@<snipped>'s password:

[lots snipped]

You might want to look into adding a passphrased SSH key on your
volunteer machine, and use Keychain[1] (in portage) or plain old
ssh-agent with a passphrased SSH key so you aren't prompted for the
password.  (This is also a technique used with various other projects;
such as OpenMosix monitor tools and Transcode.)

1: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/keychain.xml
--
Regards,
-Lisa