Rob,

Rob Snow wrote:

Hmm, maybe that wasn't clear as I thought it was...it was a bit late
when I wrote it :)

The .bz2 is a tar of a full toolchain that runs on Cygwin and creates
i686-linux binaries.  The script just automates typing in a cygrunsrv
for people who haven't used it before.

Okay, that is much more clear.

What it does is take any PC with a base Cygwin install and creates a
distcc host out of it with the mentioned toolchain.

Any chance you can just specify the Cygwin distcc package as a prerequisite and drop it from your package? Or, is yours installed to something like /usr/local... I'm just worried about our packages overwriting each other if we both distribute distcc.

What do you think of me including your script? Is it robust? Was it based off the ssh-host-config script? I have no idea how much is involved in such a script. If you tell me it is 5 lines, then I will stop bugging you and add it... I just want to know if it is 50 lines and will take some time to review.

Since I run Gentoo I use it to leverage the extra processing power of
the XP machines sitting around doing nothing.

Nothing wrong with that :)

That's actually a pretty cool idea for a small to medium office with Windows desktops.

Harold
__ distcc mailing list http://distcc.samba.org/