On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Martin Pool wrote:
> It's merged in tla.

Great, I'll grab it as soon as I learn how to work tla =)  BTW, I had to
add

#ifndef WCOREDUMP
#  define WCOREDUMP(status) 0
#endif

to src/dparent.c to get 2.16 to compile on cygwin

> I guess you could try coLinux if Cygwin isn't doing well for you.

Hm, I hadn't thought of using coLinux.  I might give that a try sometime
and see how well it performs.  I'm not really displeased with cygwin, I'm
just surprised at how much more memory it requires than linux.

> A few people have talked about adapting distcc to the native Windows
> API but I don't know if there is a finished patch.

That would be nice, but I don't think I'd notice much of a difference.
It's the cygwin-hosted gcc cross-compiler (cc1plus.exe, I think) process
that consumes so much memory.  I guess I might be able to make a
cross-compiler under mingw instead of cygwin, but it was hard enough to
get going under cygwin that I'm not too anxious to try.

Eric
__
distcc mailing list            http://distcc.samba.org/
To unsubscribe or change options: