Hi,

I got a few warnings while building distcc 2.17 on Irix using the MIPSpro 7.3.1.3 compiler, after adding
#include <sys/types.h>
to src/distcc.h as described in my previous Solaris 8 build report.

cc-1204 cc: WARNING File = src/distcc.h, Line = 204
  The indicated declaration is not visible outside of the function.

                     struct timeval *before,
                            ^

cc-1116 cc: WARNING File = src/pump.c, Line = 75
Non-void function "dcc_r_bulk" (declared at line 60) should return a value.

  }
  ^

cc-1185 cc: WARNING File = src/dopt.c, Line = 220 An enumerated type is mixed with another type.

                      rs_trace_set_level(level);
                                         ^

cc-1116 cc: WARNING File = src/dparent.c, Line = 146
Non-void function "dcc_standalone_server" (declared at line 93) should return
a value.

  }
  ^

The "struct timeval" issue can be fixed by adding to src/distcc.h
        #include <sys/time.h>

The return value issues can be fixed by removing the last "else" or similar trick.

About the type mix up, I don't know. It seems the types used by rs_trace_set_level and rs_loglevel_from_name are not consitent.

--
Dimitri Papadopoulos