Martin Pool wrote:

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:04:11 +0100, Robin Stevens
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The Apple-supplied binary on my OS X Panther (confirmed on 10.3.4,
10.3.5) *does* handle it.

Looking through the binary, the error string is still there - but the
check appears to not be taking place. (My disassembly skills are not
really up to the task of doing a proper analysis!).

So, is this a GPL violation? Am I just using the wrong source? Is there
a magic build option I don't know about?

Right, Apple have some patches that are not in my tree. Apparently Apple do ship the source with XCode and/or offer it on their web site, so it is not a GPL violation. If anyone would like to pull the portable bits out of the Apple tree and merge them back that would be fine with me.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my delayed response - a dodgy mail filter misfiled this email. /sigh

The only source I've been able to find related to Apple is from the Open Darwin website, which works the same as your source. ie. the only source I can find from Apple, doesn't work the same as their binary.

My assumption is that I'm looking in the wrong place or missing a patch, so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

I shall keep looking, in any case.

Thanks,
Rob