Tim Niemueller wrote:
Martin Pool wrote:

Tim Niemueller wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] firevision]$ make -j
 --- Compiling main.cpp (C++)
gcc: \uffffC/distccd_219a0097.ii: File or directory not found
gcc: no input files
distcc[17494] ERROR: compile main.cpp on lechuck failed
make: *** [.obj/main.o] Fehler 1

Do you really get a \uffff character there? Is it printed as the backslash escape, or is that unicode character written into the output stream?

No, but the output looks as if it was filled with tabs. LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, so yes, this probably is a unicode escape. I don't know why. Thunderbird writes it if I copy by marking the message in my xterm and pasting.

So if you have a syntax error, you get a 'file not found', plus this \uffff? That's wierd.

--
Martin