Ryan Churches wrote:
I'm currently under the impression that distcc wont work because i
have installed the wrong type of compiler with your script.  so i've
made sure that $TARGET=i686-pc-linux-gnu, but still it installs
i686-unknown-linux-gnu

The 2nd field is somewhat arbitrary. It could be that some script decided to correct you :-)

anyway, since i have successfully added the dir of our CC to the PATH,
but distcc tells me it cant find i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc, that must be
becasue all my crosscompiler's binaries are the wrong kind, so i must
have the wrong kind of cross-compiler, no?

for instance, i do have i686-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc.exe in that dir.

if i had installed that right shouldnt it be i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc.exe?

Mysteries, mysteries. Here's what I would do: ln -s i686-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc in the directory that contains i686-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc.exe. :-)

--
Trying to get a job as a c++ developer? See http://kegel.com/academy/getting-hired.html