In the middle of my build, distcc suddenly hangs on a single file (not always the same).  It doesn't matter if the file is being compiled locally or not, and the machine doing the compiling will only be at about 10% CPU usage mostly from cc1plus.

distccmon-text tells me the file is compiling, over and over and over, with all other activity ceasing. Finally after a minute or so, distccmon-text goes totally blank. Eventually the build will time out and tell me: "Timed out waiting for data from remote." (if building remotely) or it will simply fail if local.

If I set DISTCC_VERBOSE=1 and log to a file, I am told this is happening:

distccmon-text[520] (dcc_mon_do_file) process //.distcc/state/binstate_11052

(repeated about 100 times in a row)

distccmon-text[520] (dcc_mon_kill_old) unlink //.distcc/state/binstate_11052

(EOF)

What is happening in that final step? What exactly does 'dcc_mon_kill_old' signify?  Any ideas what could be causing this timeout are much appreciated. I'll keep testing my makefile in the meantime, assuming that the problem is in there somewhere...

__
distcc mailing list            http://distcc.samba.org/
To unsubscribe or change options: