At 08:20 PM 4/3/2006, Steven Solie wrote:
I have done a port of distcc which eliminates fork() for AmigaOS.
Of course it has AmigaOS-specific pieces in it but it may be a good
starting point to get you going on your own non-fork() version for
Windoze or whatever.

Sure. If there's nothing ready-made available, you patches will at least point out the lines where they snippers can be used. You can either mail me a patchfile, or just let me know where I can pick it up.

Hopefully fork() really is the problem. Has anyone else actually seen acceptable gains when running builds from a Windows box the uses the Cygwin distcc?