On 11/15/06, Martijn Reuvers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

I investigated some more but no matter what I do, it just doesn't seem to
recognize the hosts i specify with DISTCC_HOST. It *always* compiles
locally. If I set DISTCC_HOSTS="localhost/1", it still compiles locally with
4 processes, instead of the maximum allowned 1. It is as if distcc just
doesn't read the DISTCC_HOSTS settings. Any clue?

Although I run Cygwin, I've never tried to implement distcc in that
environment.  I do have it running on Gentoo, though.  Is there a
Cygwin equivilant of distcc-config?  If you run that with --get-hosts,
what do you see?  Also, if you enable debug logging in distcc, do you
see any messages such as 'unable to distribute to xxxhost'?  Do you
see any logs appear on the machine the compilation is supposed to be
happening on?  It sounds like we need to dig into the logs a bit.