Whoohoo! I seem to have made some progress with the approach of having "distccd" itself be migrated. However, now I seem to have issues with paths. When compiling on my local machine, I get:

C++ multiscan/window/WindowUtils.o
c++: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1plus': No such file or directory
distcc[7041] ERROR: compile multiscan/window/WindowUtils.C on [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/users/a/mteixeira/beo_distccd failed

On my local machine, I have DISTCC_HOSTS set to:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/users/a/mteixeira/beo_distccd

"caffeine" is the head node of the cluster. "beo_distccd" is a wrapper script which causes "distccd" to get migrated to a worker node. It looks like this:

 #!/bin/sh
PATH=/opt/scratch/compilers/default/bin:$PATH
export PATH
bpsh -L `beomap --no-local` /home/users/a/mteixeira/distccd $*

Both /opt/scratch/compilers/default and /home/users/a/mteixeira/ are visible on the compute nodes. I've used "find" to determine that "cc1plus" lives in "/opt/scratch/compilers/default/libexec/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.0.4", and this is *not* in my path, but it seems incorrect to have to add it there. I've set "distcc" up on other machines, I've never had to add the libexec directory explicitly to the PATH.

Any thoughts as to why I might be having difficulty this time around? How does "cc1plus" normally get found? Is there way it is located?

-- Marcio