I am using distcc to compile distributed

a) I am using 2 machines that run distccd
b) I compile on machine number 3
c) If I do not add localhost to list of HOSTS on machine 3, then I see that
only preprocessing happens on machine 3, which is good

Is there any way to force distcc to preprocess all files first before starting
to build them, so that there is no wait time when the other 2 machines are done
compiling? This way localhost could also be added to list of HOSTS and the
machine 3 can also participate in compiles without bogging it down too much
with preprocessor requests. Now I am not sure if this speed up the process. Any
advice?Regards,P Saravanan