that also worked. i suspect you are right about it being a sh/bash incompatibility.

thanks!
-tim

Fergus Henderson wrote:

I haven't seen anything like this one before.
But maybe this is due to some incompatibility between solaris sh and bash?
The ^J (control-J) in the middle there is the immediate cause of the problem.
Try running 'bash pump ...' instead of 'pump ...'.