I'm working on a reboot of Swift Linux.  The new Swift Linux will be based
directly on Debian instead of indirectly through antiX Linux or Linux Mint
Debian Edition.  (Dependency hell was too much of an issue when purging
packages.  The process of creating the new Swift Linux will involve starting
with minimal Debian and adding packages.)  I will use a Debian Stable base
(part of the CrunchBang Linux playbook) for ease of maintenance.

I still intend to make the ISO files available through SourceForge instead of
through my web site due to the enormous amount of bandwidth this takes.

The biggest change I will be making is using custom Swift Linux *.deb packages
to transform minimal Debian into Swift Linux.  The process of remastering Swift
Linux will include installing these packages.  (Thus, I'm following another
part of the CrunchBang Linux playbook.  CrunchBang Linux has its own package
repository for providing the layouts, default setups, etc.)  I'll need space on
my own web site to store these packages.  I will be turning to
https://wiki.debian.org/SettingUpSignedAptRepositoryWithReprepro as a resource
on setting everything up.

MY QUESTION: What type of web site hosting do I need?  I currently have shared
hosting from WebFaction, and I understand that it's not the way to go for
hosting my own package repository.  Should I use VPS?  Dedicated hosting?
Something else?  So far, all of my web sites are on shared hosting.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802...@jasonhsu.com>