Charlie Moad wrote:
> Well here are th cvs links to them.
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/matplotlib/matplotlib/setup.py?rev=1.143&view=auto
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/matplotlib/toolkits/basemap/setup.py?rev=1.33&view=auto
>
> The matplotlib.toolkits module does not exist in the mpl cvs and it is
> not in the setup.py file.  I have tried adding both.  In basemap
> however, the matplotlib.toolkits module does exist and is listed in
> the setup.py file.

Both of these setup.py files are buggy. The packages list needs to have entries
in dotted form ("matplotlib.toolkits"), not filesystem form
("matplotlib/toolkits"). Correcting them, and adding an empty
lib/matplotlib/toolkits/__init__.py to the matplotlib checkout allows me to
build eggs with namespace_packages set appropriately.

--
Robert Kern
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  -- Richard Harter