Martin Manns wrote:
Phillip J. Eby <pje <at> telecommunity.com> wrote:
From reading your setup script, I don't understand why your package needs a .pth file of its own, let alone why it's writing it directly in the setup script. I would expect it to work correctly if you simply delete that portion of the setup script. In fact, it works for me that way.

Without the .pth file, the libraries in the folder pyspread are not found.
If I leave it out, the program fails to start (after installation finished successfully).

Rename pyspread.py to something else, then use package imports. E.g.

from pyspread import _widgets
from pyspread._choicebars import MainMenu, MainToolbar
from pyspread._dialogs import MacroDialog, CsvImportDialog,
DimensionsEntryDialog, \
                     AboutDialog
from pyspread._interfaces import CsvImport, string_match
from pyspread.config import DEBUG, LIBPREFIX, ICONPREFIX, icon_size

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco