Le mercredi 28 janvier 2009 à 07:44 -0700, zooko a écrit :
> 3.  It would be okay for this process to be automated (or semi-
> automated), but there's some flaw in the design of stdeb which means
> it will never be able to do it right unless stdeb is rewritten with a
> new design.

This is the one. BTW, I don’t consider this a flaw in stdeb, it’s just
that stdeb was not designed with the goal to produce packages suitable
for Debian itself.

What we need is the equivalent of dh_make_perl [0]. That is, a script
that will generate the debian/ structure in a semi-automated fashion,
leading to a package ready to be installed after minor tweaks and a
human’s review. Bonus points would go for providing a script suggesting
changes in the description and/or dependencies when updating the package
for a new upstream release.

As I have already explained [1], I should be the one to write it since I
know all the tools and how to make clean packages, but I don’t have the
time these days. If anyone starts to work on such a project, I’d be of
course willing to help.

 [0] http://packages.debian.org/sid/dh-make-perl
 [1] http://np237.livejournal.com/21033.html
--