At 07:16 PM 3/11/2009 +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 19:07, P.J. Eby <p...@telecommunity.com> wrote:
> Distutils doesn't have a "test" command...  let alone an egg_info command.

Well.... does setuptools? It's all command extensions, isn't it?

> It might be easier to have a "build_py" option to run 2to3 on stuff in the
> build directory, and a "test" variant that runs against the build tree
> instead of the source tree...  and runs under Python 3 instead of 2.

Yes, that's the idea, but I can't do that as long as the test option
depends on setuptools, as it will fail to import, since it's 2.x code.

Why not just invoke:

  python3 -m unittest somemodule.somesuite

Then there are no dependencies on distutils or setuptools.