Hi there.

As promised I have gone through the setuptools tracker and tried to
identify the easy and ready-to-apply patches. As a result I have
applied the patches found in eight tickets [1] to the current
distribute code.

If you have another issue that is similarly uncontroversial and like
it to be fixed, please report a new issue at
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issues/new.

I've readied my Windows box to build the required binary distributions
and installers for the 0.6 release. So hopefully there's just a few
more documentation updates to make, before we can get this release
out.

Cheers,
Hanno

[1] In all its gory details these issues were:

* Protected against failures in tarfile extraction. This closes
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/10.

* Allow find_on_path on systems with tight permissions to fail
gracefully. This closes http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/9.

* Corrected inconsistency between documentation and code of add_entry.
This closes http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/8.

* Made api_tests.txt doctest compatible with Jython. This closes
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/7.

* sandbox.py replaced builtin type file with builtin function open.
This closes http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/6.

* Immediately close all file handles. This closes
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/3.

* Backported old distutils behaviour for add_defaults, to avoid a
recursive loop when setuptools builds the file list. This closes
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/2.

* Added compatibility with Subversion 1.6. This references
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/1.