On 2009-07-16 15:29, Barry Warsaw wrote:
On Jul 16, 2009, at 4:21 PM, P.J. Eby wrote:

At 10:29 AM 7/16/2009 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
One thing I'd like to see for this new project is more built-in
support for the popular revision control systems.

Arguably, the existing built-in support is a bug that should be fixed.
If SVN support was a plug-in, it could be more easily fixed when stuff
changes.

Using a plugin for this is still a pain, but revision control parity
would still be a good thing, whether that argues for inclusion or
exclusion in the core.

I suspect one could have implementations in the core that could be overridden by plugins. Then you can have the best of both worlds at the cost of some additional complexity.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco