Hi there.

In order to not disrupt the setuptools project in any way, we have
chosen to have our own issue tracker at
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issues and mirror issues
instead. We felt that comments like "this is fixed in Distribute -
come join us" are inappropriate to leave in the setuptools tracker ;-)

Obviously this leaves us with a synchronization problem. We already do
have a new issue and comments on issues which are unique in our own
tracker. For now I've used a stupid low-tech approach and manually
created a Wiki page at
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/wiki/bug_listing which lists our
own issues and their relations to the setuptools issue tracker. This
is of course in addition to a comment on each issue explaining its
origin.

If someone has a better idea on how to synchronize these trackers or
can provide insight in proven techniques for forks in this way, please
speak up. Otherwise I'm going to continue to manually mirror all
issues over from the setuptools tracker into our own.

Cheers,
Hanno