On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 14:04:21 -0700, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

$ virtualenv --no-site-packages env1
$ rm -rf env1/lib/python2.6/site-packages/* # remove previously installed
setuptools
$ env1/bin/python bootstrap.py
Downloading http://nightly.ziade.org/distribute-0.6-py2.6.egg
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "bootstrap.py", line 41, in <module>
   if to_reload:
NameError: name 'to_reload' is not defined

This is because you haven't initialized `to_reload` *before* trying to run
the code in the first try: block.
oups, I didn't upload the right version, it's now updated,
please get it back and try agin

Ok, with the new bootstrap.py I have no need for bootstrapping.py.

bootstrap.py and the distribute egg it downloaded works fine here - all tests in pypm pass with s/setuptools/distribute.

So is Distribute going to be a 100% compatible replacement for setuptools? Suppose if some software ships with distribute and if the user later tries to install easy_install, what would happen? Cases like that.

-srid