Olof Bjarnason wrote:
Ok, the commands behave like makefile rules, once run they don't run again.
But there are still several issues here:

Remember that I said that my goal with 'bdist_deb' was for users to have a
SINGLE command to generate a .deb.

What needs to be achieved is for a command like this:
$ python setup.py  bdist_deb
OR
$ python setup.py  bdist_deb  --ignore-single-version-externally-managed

to be possible.  'bdist_deb' would call sdist_dsc internally with the
necessary args WITHOUT having to explicitly put 'sdist_dsc' on the command
line.

This would be _exactly_ what I'm looking for :)

I know. I've had many of my users requesting exactly the same thing as well and I've been pursuing this for months now and when I got a 'bdist_deb' working with stdeb I knew I was getting close. It just needs a little more tweeking and I think we'll have it. Let's wait and see what Andrew says here.

Regards,
Gerry