Barry Warsaw wrote:
On Oct 5, 2009, at 10:25 AM, K. Richard Pixley wrote:
Python packaging and distribution right now is not for beginners or the faint of heart.
If we're honest with ourselves, it's not for experienced developers either. Do you really even want to have to /think/ about this stuff?
Depends. It's what I do professionally in slightly different arenas, so I think about it anyway.

But I take your point. The packaging and distribution system should be simple, powerful, expressive, reliable, and definitive to the point where it's existence fades into the background allowing one to spend one's time and focus of attention on less easily solved problems.

--rich