On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Ram Rachum <cool...@cool-rr.com> wrote:
> Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Until then, I would recommend using an explicit MANIFEST.in and stick
>> with plain Distutils options,
>

> You said on StackOverflow to look in distutils' docs to read about the
> template
> language for MANIFEST.in.
>
> http://docs.python.org/distutils/commandref.html?highlight=manifest
>
> Is this it?
>
> It's pretty lame.

Yes it is, but other options are not better ATM. Including data files
in a predictible and simple way is a recurrent problem with distutils.

> Does this really not support Windows?

It should. I don't remember having problems on windows with
MANIFEST.in. There also used to be problems where the MANIFEST was not
regenerated correctly - I almost always remove MANIFEST everytime in
my setup.py for most of my packages because of this.

The problem is known, and is being discussed right now for distribute,
so hopefully things will improve.

David