So maybe I'm -0 on this field, since it does seems ambigous or the
information is specific to the distributions and not the overall project.

I am not sure why you say there's an ambiguity, because PyPI doesn't
give the metadata
of a project, but of a distribution. (and as a matter of fact, some
PyPI UIs will automatically
use the latest distribution of the project, but that's just a default behavior)

Erm, yeah ... ignore that last bit I wrote, it's just flat out wrong. I think I said it because I quit drinking coffee and it's made my head foggy :P

(although this idea probably came from PyPI's default behaviour, is there a way to list all distributions for a project on PyPI? I guess that's a question for catalog-sig)