On 2009-12-22 13:20 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
Yes, that use case is rare (and bizarre), but the desire to convert
Windows-platform eggs to .msi or .exe installers is not so rare and does
not present the same level of difficulty. The latter is the use case
David was referring to, not the one you outlined.

Why do people want to do that? Can't they build the type of package they
want from the source package?

Not necessarily on Windows.

--
Robert Kern