On 2010-02-04 11:05 AM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Riccardo-Maria BIANCHI
<riccardo.maria.bian...@cern.ch>  wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

I have a package structured like this:

package/__init__.py
   src/ __init__.py
          mod1.py
   share/__init__.py
            mod2.py

Now I can import them as:
package.src.mod1
package.share.mod2

How can I use Distutils to be able to import both of them under the same
"package" namespace as:

import package.mod1
import package.mod2

unrelated to Distutils but,

What you can do is add these line in package/__init__.py :

   from package.src import mod1
   from package.share import mod2

Beware though, that this means the modules will be loaded
even if "import package" is called, which could have some unwanted
side effects depending on the code.

This does not work. You cannot "import package.mod1" under this scenario.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco