I intend to release zc.buildout 1.5.0 Monday, August 23.  I will merge the code
from from svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/branches/gary-betafix
into trunk.

This will change the bootstrap.py script on which some people depend via svn
externals.  Also, existing bootstrap and buildout invocations that do not
specify a particular buildout release will automatically get the new release,
as usual.

In light of the troubles with the 1.5.0b1 release, particularly for users of
virtualenv, I have done four things.

1. I added an automated test for the virtualenv interaction problem encountered
in the last release, and fixed it.  If you are using virtualenv, it now uses
the old behavior for generating scripts.  I and others have had success
manually testing virtualenv + buildout with with these changes.

2. Today I released zc.buildout 1.4.4
(http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout/1.4.4).  The 1.4.4 release is a
release for people who encounter trouble with the 1.5 line. By switching to the
associated bootstrap script
(http://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/branches/1.4/bootstrap/bootstrap.py)
 you can stay on 1.4.4 until you are ready to migrate.

3. I have a new help document describing the changes in the 1.5 line.  This
will be part of the documentation shown on pypi.  You can see it here:
http://svn.zope.org/zc.buildout/branches/gary-betafix/SYSTEM_PYTHON_HELP.txt?view=markup

4. For the future, the new (1.5) versions of Buildout and the bootstrap script
now prefer final versions of Buildout, recipes, and extensions.  This can be
changed by using the --accept-buildout-test-releases flag (or -t for short)
when calling bootstrap.  This will hopefully allow beta releases of these items
to be more easily and safely made in the future.

The change log is here:
http://svn.zope.org/zc.buildout/branches/gary-betafix/CHANGES.txt?view=markup

Gary