At 07:37 PM 9/9/2010 +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:

Hi.

Today I was building a package that must be installed on a Windows
system (I'm on Linux).

I simply did:
python setup.py bdist_inst

and I was expecting that, when executed on the Windows machine, it would
not only install my package, but also all dependencies declared in the
setup file.

This was not the case.

I would like to avoid having to create an all in one installer using
pyinstalled; is this possible?

No; bdist_wininst doesn't support dependencies. If you need Windows users to install dependencies, they'll have to use easy_install. (I'd say "or pip", but pip doesn't support installing pre-built binaries.)

Note that dependencies are all pure Python modules available on pypi,
except PyQt (that is installed using the installer provided by riverbank).

If everything but PyQt is pure python, then you can just have them install from source using pip or easy_install. (Or, alternatively, build an executable with py2exe.)