anatoly techtonik <techto...@gmail.com> writes:

> There are some arguments for 'doc/':
> 1. there is no plural for 'documentation'
> 2. bin/ is a common name for storing executables, although there is
> plural for 'binary'
> 3. we still use src/ instead of sources/

* ‘doc/’ is consistent with the standardised directory name on many
  operating systems (those that inspired, or are based on, the FHS)

I don't think a vote is appropriate (I think the choice should be made
on merit, not popularity), but if anyone's counting, I prefer ‘doc/’.

--
 \      “Progress might have been all right once, but it's gone on too |
  `\                                                long.” —Ogden Nash |