At 04:04 PM 12/7/2010 +0530, devyan parmar wrote:

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM, P.J. Eby <<mailto:p...@telecommunity.com>p...@telecommunity.com> wrote:
At 04:25 PM 12/3/2010 +0530, devyan parmar wrote:
Hello,

i am trying to install package from my packageserver using PIP.

for example:
m trying
/bin/pip install --extra-index-url=<<http://mypkgserver/dev>http://mypkgserver/dev>http://mypkgserver/dev package_name==2.4.12b

"2.4.12b" is the version of my package but in package server it is going as "2.4.12b_1" extra part in version is nothing but a build number which getting generated from hudson JOB.
is setuptool avoids extra build number which goes with my pcakage version ??

No. That's why it's not being found. Ask for "package_name==2.4.12b-1" instead.

Is there any way to avoid the extra hudson build number which is coming with my package version ??

Er, don't put it in there?

coz i need that build number to check which package build test got failed...and issue is in package/setup.py i am specifying only versions of dependent package.

Don't use '==', then, use '>='.

and pip install is looking for only those particular version package in package server, but finds hudson build number attached with package version which is mismatching with setup.py install requires .

can you help me how version is getting identified from the package by setuptools.??

Thanks Regards
devyan parmar