On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Barry Warsaw <ba...@python.org> wrote:
> Why do we have symlinks in the first place?  It's because Debian and Ubuntu
> support multiple active versions of Python at the same time.  Once Python 2 is
> killed off and we're all using >= Python 3.2, we can get rid of even this
> cruft.  That's the major reason why I worked on PEPs 3147 and 3149.

It might be a long time indeed. Python 2.7 will probably keep up for
several years.

> I'm using zc.buildout 1.5.2 on Ubuntu 10.10 for Mailman 3.  There is a known
> bug related to namespace packages, which force you to use
> include-site-packages=false in your buildout.cfg.  Here's the bug report:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zc.buildout/+bug/659231
>
> Gary is assigned to the bug but there is as yet no resolution.

It's the very same error and the same workaround is suggested, but I
don't see enough proof that the reason behind such error lies within
namespace_packages. I'll make some tests in the next days and I'll
check whether it's the case.

--
Alan Franzoni