Hi,

I am new on Mac platform. I need to port an application from linux to mac.
There
are couple of custom c-extensions which I am building using cython on linux
using distutils. It's pretty simple and straight forward there.
There are couple of things I need to know on Mac platform.

Q1. How do I create custom c-extension (cython & distutils) on mac so that they
should run on both architecture (ppc & Intel)?

Q2. I am on 32 bit platform and I have to make sure that deployed package
(py2app) should execute on 64-bit architecture also.

Q3. Mine is Leopard 10.5.5(intel) and default python is 2.5.1 but my app
requires 2.6.6. How do I build python 2.6.6 in universal binary format?

Overall idea is to deploy a package on mac 10.5.5 leopard(intel 32 bit) using
py2app in such a way so that it's compatible for both architecture (ppc &
intel)
and both platforms(32-bit & 64-bit)

Cheers

Prashant