On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Hanno Schlichting <ha...@hannosch.eu> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Jim Fulton <j...@zope.com> wrote:
>> Hanno suggested creating a buildout organization.  I'm up with that.
>> Maybe someone can create one and include me. :)
>
> In case you want it, there you go: https://github.com/buildout/buildout

OK, I've populated this.  I:

1) Got rid of some old svn branches that were allready merged or
   abandoned.

2) Ran svn2git

   This hurt.

   Your ~/.svn2git/authors file has to be complete or the conversion
   stops before completion.  For people who didn't respond to my spam
   for git emails, I had to make due with svn.zope.org repo emais.

   svn2git copied branches that were deleted in svn.  I deleted the
   junk branches in git.

   After much flailing and with some help, I removed some bogus remote
   tracking branches created by svn2git that made working with the
   other branches difficult.

   The master branch corresponded to the svn trunk. I renamed
   it to svntrunk.

   Since I intend to start new work from the 1.4 trunk, I made a new
   master from that.

   I set up g...@github.com:buildout/buildout.git as the origin remote
   and pushed to it with -u and --all.

   Everything seems to be there. :)

Maybe someone can check my handiwork.

I'm going to go outside and punch some holes in the ground. :)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton