On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Daniel Holth <dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> And they answer most of your questions.  A few call-outs below:
>>
>>> dependency_links.txt: url's of the package's dependencies. Speak up if
>>> you use this; it is very surprising, and has a much better replacement
>>> with pip --index options and requirements files.
>
> I will check to see how often this is used.

I definitely use this. This way all my packages can get their
dependencies from my own package index instead of PyPI. This gives a
greater deal of control in dealing with users who are angry/frustrated
when they can't reach PyPI for some reason. Though I think this will
be less of an issue with PyPI mirror support.  Though it's also nice
to be able to release development packages that have dev versions of
other packages as dependencies without having to put all my dev
releases on PyPI.