Phil,

On 23/11/2012 22:11, PJ Eby wrote:
If you're still looking for an answer, pretty much all you can do for
that is: "setup.py develop easy_install pkgname[docs,testing]".  You can
shorten it by defining an generic alias for "develop easy_install" in
your global or user distutils .cfg, or a project-specific alias for
"develop easy_install pkgname" in the project's setup.cfg.

This sounds like exactly what I'm after but the way you wrote your reply suggests I might be missing something... What are the snags with the above? What don't I get that I do with just a straight "setup.py develop pkgname"?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk