Hi All,

Can anyone else reproduce this?

I have a Python 3.3 virtualenv and I wanted to upgrade one of the packages as follows:

$ bin/pip install -U manuel
Requirement already up-to-date: manuel in ./lib/python3.3/site-packages
Downloading/unpacking distribute from http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/d/distribute/distribute-0.6.35.tar.gz#md5=e55298c7e3a233df1a47a4881a0c9800 (from manuel)
  Downloading distribute-0.6.35.tar.gz (644kB): 644kB downloaded
  Running setup.py egg_info for package distribute
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 3, in <module>
      File "./setuptools/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
        from setuptools.extension import Extension, Library
      File "./setuptools/extension.py", line 5, in <module>
        from setuptools.dist import _get_unpatched
      File "./setuptools/dist.py", line 103
        except ValueError, e:
                         ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<string>", line 3, in <module>

  File "./setuptools/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>

    from setuptools.extension import Extension, Library

  File "./setuptools/extension.py", line 5, in <module>

    from setuptools.dist import _get_unpatched

  File "./setuptools/dist.py", line 103

    except ValueError, e:

                     ^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Can other people reproduce this? When was that Python 3 incompatible except clause introduced?

cheers.

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk