Kevin:
I added an initial readme, so pull requests work now.
as for the compiler page I was talking about, here's the email that
announced the page, and the github project for the src.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/2013-February/009777.html

it was just a thought.  that tag icons and categories being the main reason
it popped to mind.
If you're into sphinx and want to kickstart something for us like that,
then you can now actually submit a pull.
barring that, I'll would likely just post a simple TOC structure later
today or tomorrow that PEP people and project owners can start filling in.
Marcus