On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Steve Dower <steve.do...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Bitbucket is starting to get some love here, and we've been pushing to get
> Mercurial on equal standing with Git internally. Right now, our small Python
> team isn't influential enough to get a commitment to a testing service, but
> there's absolutely no reason why one can't be set up with Windows VMs on any
> of the cloud services out there (pip is already using AWS for this). Funding
> from the PSF may be easier than funding from MS, though I've never tried to
> get funding from the PSF before so I could be wrong :)

I use Shining Panda CI for my open source package testing, and they do
offer Windows testing under Jenkins. However the free accounts aren't
able to access the Windows buildbots - you need to pay for the Windows
server time (which seems fair enough to me, given the difference in
licensing costs between Debian and Windows, which are the two kinds of
test environment they offer).

The PSF offers funding for various things like Meetup.com fees for
user groups, as well as funding for development sprints, so they could
be interested in a program offering automated Windows testing through
one of the CI services. The way to do that would be to put together a
proposal for the board to consider, with a suggested budget and a
mechanism for projects to apply for funding.