On 06/03/2013 08:44 AM, Tres Seaver wrote:
> On 06/02/2013 11:42 AM, Jason R. Coombs wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce the official release of Setuptools 0.7, now
>>  available for download from the project page
>> <https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools> .
>

>> Nothing has changed from the 0.7b4 pre-release. This is the version
>> that will be uploaded to PyPI after we work out the technique to
>> deploy to PyPI without interfering with the setuptools 0.6
>> releases.
>

>> For convenience, I've also added experimental .msi installers for
>> Windows for Python 3.3 and Python 2.7. Work may continue on these
>> in the future, but as the documentation states, the recommended
>> installation procedure is to use ez_setup.py.
>

>> To install this latest release, follow the canonical install
>> instructions (using ez_setup.py), but direct the script to use
>> bitbucket instead of PyPI:
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but where is the 'ez_zetup.py' script
> hosted?  It isn't present in the bitbucket downloads directlry.
>
> https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/downloads/
>
> Maybe linking to or recapitulating the "canonical install
> instructions" here would help diespel confusion.

I tried looking at the README on Bitbucket:

 https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/#rst-header-installation-instructions

but that points to an invalid URL for 'ez_setup.py':

 https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/raw/0.7.1/ez_setup.py

The version here:

  https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/raw/0.7/ez_setup.py

points to PyPI for the DEFAULT_URL.  During the beta, I think we need to
have a version ov 'ez_setup.py' available which points to the Bitbucket
download page, rather than PyPI.

Tres.
- --