On 04/06/2013 07:33, Noah Kantrowitz wrote:

On Jun 3, 2013, at 11:29 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

Please can you do something to stop it?
Kill the MTA or something?

This is ridiculous…

As someone also in the top percentile of package maintainers I understand your
annoyance, but just make a filter for don...@python.org for the day or
something. The vast majority of PyPI users have only one package so asking us
to derail the sending (probably resulting in having to begin again) is
unhelpful. If the only cost to us all is hitting Ctrl-A Delete, I welcome
progress with open arms.

Are you not concerned that various bits of python.org involved in this process are going to start getting hit by RBLs and other spam filtering that will cause problems down the line as a result of all this noise?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk